Week in review, week in advance

This week has been stressful enough for me.  Yes, that’s right, I’m done with stress.  No more for me, thanks.

Oh, wait, there’s more that cannot be avoided.  Great!

First the week in review.  Sounds nice – like a radio show – doesn’t it?

Monday: Erik’s birthday and party.  Went well, didn’t cause me too much stress in the end, weather was good enough to eat outside.  I did, however, have a small run-in with a door frame.  In which my toe collided quite painfully with it.  And a later incident where I put a steak knife into my middle finger while trying to get frozen pudding out of a small thin plastic cup.  But otherwise, it was a good day.

Tuesday: Erik’s one year check-up.  Found out he is seriously under-weight and has swollen lymph nodes…or something like that.  And also that he doesn’t have enough “words”.  He’s only a year old, for heaven’s sake!!  How many normal one year olds have a three word vocabulary?  Well, not mine, anyway.

Wednesday: Jenny had a dentist appointment.  Found out that her thumb-sucking is starting to morph her jaw.  Great.  Had a lovely picnic in the park, though, after her appointment and the kids got rub-on tattoos (of Spiderman and My Little Pony..you can guess which child had which), face painting and got to use sidewalk chalk (the city was putting on some sort of free thing for kids there).

Thursday: Bible study in the morning where only one other person showed up.  We took advantage of the babysitting for half of the regular time.  I wrote a poem, we talked, I held her baby and then we went home.  I then fed Mike some lunch, fed the kids, put them to bed and left with Erik to the hospital when my babysitter got her.  We sat through a very long pre-surgery appointment where I learned all the risks of having your wisdom teeth removed, like nerve damage or death!!  Erik didn’t help as he decided to be grouchy the entire time.  Groucy and sick and wheezing.  We then went to another part of the hospital where Erik had blood drawn to test his kidney function and a number of other things I don’t really understand.  Went to the bank and the grocery store and rushed home to relieve the babysitter who could only stay so long.  Went shopping after supper by myself, but somehow didn’t feel much less stress.

And, deep breath, for the finish.

Friday: Erik had his one year shots, rather uneventful, Elias fell and scraped his knee in the parking lot leaving the clinic.  Had a phone call soon after getting home, finalizing my TONSILLECTOMY.  Yes, that’s right, my swollen, diseased tonsils are coming out on the 29th of this month.  That’s like, ten days away.  And Mike and my mother-in-law are both working and cannot get out of working on that day.  And my sister-in-law will be eight days from her due date on that day.  The good news is that I have a friend who offered to help me with the kids.  With any luck, I can send Jenny and maybe Elias to another friends house and then the one who offered would only have one or two of the kids rather than all three.

I guess I skipped right into next week without even realizing it. 

Yeah, so the week to come holds lots of planning and probably cleaning.  Getting ready to be on my back for a good deal of the time and in pain for the rest of it.  Tomorrow morning I get my wisdom teeth pulled.  Sunday I’ll attempt to say “Happy Father’s Day” to Mike and call my dad…at the very least.  Monday I’m still supposed to be resting from the wisdom teeth surgery.  Tuesday through Sunday will be making and freezing meals, stocking up on sore-throat friendly foods (pudding, anyone?) and arranging the details of the 29th so that everything happens just right.  I can feel the stress already.  The good news is that I only have one appointment (as of right now) on Wednesday and not much else going on.  I should be able to get things done without having to go out much during the day. 

In other, somewhat unrelated news, I was hoping to join another Craftster swap once I have feedback from the one I just finished, but it looks like I should take a break until I’m recooperated from my tonsillectomy.  Depending on the swap theme, it could be easy enough to do while I’m still a bit under the weather, but I’d rather wait until I’m totally out of the water as far as post-operative bleeding goes (doesn’t that sound like fun?).  So as fun as the swap I just did was, I will have to wait.. 😦  Oh, well. 

All this busy-ness may also mean a break from blogging, just to give you a heads up.  Just because I don’t write for a week or so doesn’t mean I died on the operating table.  I mean, I suppose it could mean that, but it’s pretty unlikely.


Leave a comment

Filed under Illness and Injury, Kiddos, Life, in general

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s